Spaghetti Sauce Ingredients:
56 Ounces Crushed Tomatoes
1 Large Standard Eggplant or 4 Italian Eggplants
1 Pound Ground Beef
1 Large Onion (Chopped_
6-8 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
2 Tablespoons Oregano
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flake
Salt to Taste
Nobody Knows Eggplant Spaghetti Sauce
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Take a fork and poke many holes in the eggplant. Cover it with foil and bake it in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until softened.
Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain the fat from the beef & put it back in the skillet.
Add the chopped onion and garlic to the beef and cook until softened.
Stir in the rest of the herbs (chili powder, oregano, red pepper flake, and pepper). Salt to taste.
Add in the crushed tomatoes & bring to a boil. Then lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes.
Once the eggplant has cooked until softened, let it cool for 15 minutes and then peel it. The skin should peel right off (similar to peeling tomatoes after blanching).
Put the flesh of the eggplant into a blender with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Puree the eggplant until it’s at a consistency you like.
Add the pureed eggplant to the sauce for the last 15 minutes of the simmer.
Add a large helping of sauce to cooked noodles of your choice.
JUDY’S SPICY GREEN GARNISH
My sister knows how to do Mexican food, and this garnish is the perfect complement to a breakfast burrito.
Garnishes approximately 8 burritos
1 Cup Salad Mix (Chopped)
1/2 Cup Kale (Chopped)
1/2 Cup Pea Shoots (Chopped)
1/4 Cup Green Garlic(Chopped)
1 Poblano Pepper (Diced)
2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
1 Teaspoon of Coconut Oil
1/4 Teaspoon of Cumin
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Whip the coconut oil, vinegar, cumin, coriander, onion powder, and garlic powder together. Add the salad greens, kale, pea shoots, and green garlic. Toss to combine.
Add greens to any classic dish to make it your own. We love bierocks here at the Molello household, but typically they don’t include as much green as we would like, so we decided to add one of our favorite veggies…Spinach!
Makes about 20 bierocks
- 10 to 11 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 packages active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons thyme (cut fresh if you have it)
- 2 teaspoons sage (cut fresh if you have it)
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 pounds shredded cabbage, cooked and drained
- 3 cups spinach
- For the dough, in a large bowl, combine 5 1/2 cups of flour, yeast, sugar, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat water, milk, and butter just until butter melts. Remove from heat and cool to 120°-130°. Combine with flour mixture; add eggs. Using an electric mixer, blend at low speed until moistened then beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. By hand, gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a firm dough.
- Knead on a floured surface for about 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down; let rise again until almost doubled.
- Meanwhile, for the filling, brown beef with onion, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper; drain. Mix together with cabbage spinach; set aside. Divide the dough into fourths. Roll each piece into a 15×10-in. rectangle. Cut into 5-inch squares. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup filling onto each square. Bring the four corners up over the filling; pinch together to seal. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until brown.
Stewed Tomatoes & Okra with Rice and Pork
Chili con Carne
2 cups chopped okra
2 cups of pureed tomatoes (if using slicer tomatoes, they will need to be peeled.)
1 medium onion chopped
2 bell peppers chopped
1 Anaheim pepper chopped
3 Garlic Cloves minced
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
3/4 Cup Water
5 spring of fresh thyme leaves
3 teaspoons of paprika
2 cups of dry rice
1 pound of pork shoulder (cut into pieces)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Step 1: Put pork in a stock pot, add 1/4 cup water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Step 2: While the pork is cooking, puree the tomatoes. If using slicer tomatoes (big traditional round ones), slice the bottom of them with an X, and put them in boiling water for a minute or two. Transfer them to an ice water bath, and peel them before putting them in the food processor to puree. If using cherry, Juliet, or vernisage tomatoes, you do not need to peel them. Just put them in the food processor.
Step 3: Transfer tomatoes to a bowl. Stir in the thyme leaves, garlic, paprika, and salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
Step 4: Heat the olive oil in a skillet, add onions, and cook until translucent.
Step 5: Add in the chopped okra and 1/2 cup water to the onions, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 6: Add all the peppers and seasoned tomatoes to the okra in the skillet.
Step 7: Cover and simmer an additional 20 minutes.
Step 8: While the tomato and okra mixture is simmering, prepare rice by boiling 4 cups of water. Add the dry rice, stir, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes on low.
Step 9: Place the rice on a plate, cover it with the stewed tomato and okra mixture, and finish it with a few pieces of pork on top.
6 cups pureed tomatoes
1 pound ground beef
1 large onion chopped
6 cloves garlic minced
2 cups pinto beans cooked
1 cup black beans cooked
7 Tablespoons of Chili Seasoning Blend (2.5 tablespoons of chili powder, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1/2 tablespoon oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, & 1 teaspoon black pepper)
Step 1: Brown beef in large skillet.
Step 2: Drain
Step 3: Add in the chopped onions and garlic to the skillet and cook until onions are translucent.
Step 4: Put beef mixture in larger stock pot, and mix in chili seasoning.
Step 5: Add the pureed tomatoes, cover, and simmer in the stockpot for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Step 6: Add in beans and cook for additional 15 minutes.
Step 7: Serve with cheese, rice, and/or chips.
Pizza Sauce Ingredients
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
8 Garlic Cloves
2 28 Ounce Cans of Crushed Tomatoes
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Cayenne Powder
1 Tablespoon Oregano
28 Ounces of Water
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, and add the onion and garlic until just softened (5-10 minutes).
Add the two cans of crushed tomatoes to the skillet along with the garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, water, and salt/pepper. Bring to a simmer.
Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
2 Large Garlic Cloves
16 Slices Pickle Bread
6 Red Bell Peppers
12 Slices of Provolone
2 Bunches of Fresh Basil
24 Slices of Fresh Deli Cut Ham
2 Bunches of Pea Microgreens
ROASTED BELL PEPPER, HAM, PROVOLONE, & MICROGREEN SANDWICHES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a baking sheet with olive oil, and lay bell peppers on their sides (stems pointing sideways).
- Put peppers in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Take the peppers out of the oven, use tongs to turn them halfway, and roast them for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the peppers. The peppers should look collapsed with their skins charred and soft. If they don’t look done, continue turning and roasting until they are collapsed with charred and soft skins.
- Once the peppers are out of the oven, push the peppers together with tongs, so that a large, heat-tolerant bowl can be placed on top of them. Allow the peppers to cook in their own steam for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, change the heat on the oven to 425, and line two more baking sheets with foil.
- Combine the 1/2 cup Oil with the pressed garlic, and brush the foil on both sheets with the mixture.
- Place half (8) of the bread slices on the foiled sheets with half the cheese and three slices of ham each.
- Remove the stems from the peppers, seed them, and peel the skins from them. Cut into 1-inch strips.
- Place the pepper strips on top of the sandwiches along with a liberal amount of shredded basil.
- Top the sandwiches with the remaining cheese and the remaining bread slices.
- Brush tops with garlic oil.
- Bake sandwiches uncovered until bottoms are golden (about 8-10 minutes).
- Take sandwiches out and turn them over. Brush with more oil.
- Return to the oven and bake until the second side is golden (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Take off the tops of the sandwiches, and pile with pea shoots before putting the top back on.
- Cut the sandwiches in half, and serve.
Arugula Beet Salad
In the Spring or Fall, use our arugula and beets for this simply delicious salad.
Use our garlic and chili flakes in this super easy dinner. And to make it more filling, you can always add chicken.
Tomato, Cucumber, & Red Onion Salad
This easy salad becomes a culinary masterpiece for your taste buds when you use fresh ingredients, and it’s perfect for pot lucks.
KOFTA PITA SANDWICHES WITH GARLIC TAHINI SAUCE
Do not stinch on the toppings. The cucumbers, onions, parsley, and lettuce are what make these pitas pop.